I’m Cara, a bookseller, book lover and reviewer. Here you will find everything book related that makes me go ooooohhh and aaaahhh. News, review and the occasional opinion, I’m hoping to cover it all. First up is Penguin Ink.
Penguin Ink Series
I’ll start with a collection of six beautiful books that you need on your shelves; the limited edition 2011 Penguin Ink books. This series features modern classic novels with brand new covers designed by some of the best tattoo artists from all over the world. In my opinion, the cover of Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller steals the show! The cover was designed by the amazingly talented Valerie Vargas and is even more beautiful in the flesh.
The series is made up of:
- Will Self, The Book of Dave with a cover by Duncan X;
- Jonathan Coe, The Rotters’ Club with a cover by Han Van de Sluys;
- Ali Smith, The Accidental with a cover by Judd Ripley;
- Zadie Smith, White Teeth with a cover by Lynn Akura;
- Nick Hornby, High Fidelity with a cover by Russ Abbott;
- Zoe Heller, Notes on a Scandal with a cover by Valerie Vargas.
If you like the Penguin Ink series check out my review of The Tattooed Lady by Amelia Klem Osterud.